Sarah has taken the time to answer a few questions:
What does a perfectly ordinary day in your life look like?
"My alarm goes off at a fairly lazy 8am, if it’s a gym day, I’m up and out and head to the gym to leap around, lift weights and do a bit of yoga for an hour or so. By the time I’ve got home, showered and had my porridge I can settle down to see what’s gone on in my Etsy shop overnight. If I’ve had sales, I’ll relist, contact my lovely customers, make the print/card/send artwork to the lab and generally get a great boost for the day - there’s nothing quite like making and posting something off to someone on the other side of the world who has found your work amongst the plethora of items out there in the wonderful world of internet shopping and spent some of their hard earned money on your goods. I’ll spend some time every day looking through my photo archive and rediscovering photos which I missed the first time round and try to bring them to life, not necessarily for selling but to keep learning new techniques and keep myself fresh. The rest of the day can just vanish in front of the computer doing this and that. I may pop out to buy food and spend some time planning a yummy meal for supper, if it’s Monday evening, I’ll venture out for my Iyengar Yoga class. The evenings are generally quiet with my partner Peter and I cooking, eating, drinking wine and watching the tv!"
What time of year most inspires you?
"I love spring and autumn, it’s the transitional seasons I like best for their drama and fabulous colours but I am also a great fan of snow and in our unusually snowy start to 2010 I had a ball photographing fantastic snowmen in Manchester and the beautiful snow covered trees."
What do you think of as comfort food?
"I love to cook and as a chef in a former life, I learned to make the best mashed potato ever and made massive pots of it every day with delicious additions like truffle oil, horseradish and grainy mustard, so that ranks pretty highly, but is a bit labour intensive for a quick fix. Home made hummus is easy, delicious and actually rather healthy. But apart from these somewhat wholesome treats, my ultimate and shameful comfort food is a whole pot of Nutella, eaten with a spoon, straight from the jar......"
If you could hop on a plane, without giving one thought to your budget, where would you go?
"India! A photographer's cliched answer perhaps, but I think that the visual onslaught would be fantastic. I have always been a bit nervous of the heat and the dread of becoming ill, but with unlimited budget, I’ll be able to travel safely and stay in good places, and travel all over the country."
What are five things you would like to do in the next five years?
"I’d love to make a good living selling my prints and my photography work.
I’d love to travel more.
I want to be able to do yoga handstands.
I want to sing in a choir.
I want to grow my own food."
1. Visit 'Eyeshoot' look around and choose your favourite piece from the shop... Come back here and leave a comment along with your email address, mentioning your favourite item...
2. For an additional entry, link to this giveaway on your blog, come back here and post an additional comment with the link and your email address...
3. For an additional entry, tweet about this giveaway on Twitter, come back here and post an additional comment with the link and your email address...
4. For an additional entry, link to this giveaway on Facebook, come back here and post an additional comment with the link and your email address...
5. For even more entries, POST again (Blog, Twitter, Facebook) at any time later in the week, come back here and post an additional comment with the link and your email address...
* YOU MAY ENTER UP TO FIVE TIMES FOR FIVE CHANCES TO WIN!
In order to keep offering these fantastic giveaways, I need to get as many comments (and visits for the sponsors) as possible... Please help me spread the word so we can keep a good thing going!
The winner will be randomly chosen and posted HERE on the blog on Sunday, November 21st... Please check the blog on Saturday to see if YOU are the winner! Enjoy... Please help spread the word and a dear thank you again to Sarah of 'Eyeshoot'!