Weekend Project {Caramel Corn}

7.16.2010

This has long been a family favourite... I ate it growing up... And I hope that my daughters will savour making it and eating it as they grow up! It's been treasured around many a campfire... And today, as you read this, we'll be enjoy it at yet another cottage with our dear friends Julian & Stacey... Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe...
{Caramel Corn}
2 bags of microwave popcorn, popped
1 cup of butter
2 cups of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of corn syrup
1 teaspoon of salt

Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce to medium heat and let sit for 5 minutes, uncovered. The sugar and butter mixture will bubble nicely and form a lovely, golden caramel.

Carefully add:
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Stir. Pour over popped popcorn and still well. Put in 250 degree oven and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a flat surface. Store in air tight container. Enjoy my friends... And happy weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe, Rebecca! I'll really like to try this out one day. :)

    Happy weekend to you too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the recipe!!
    have a happy weekend
    xoxo
    PS: don't forget to enter my clothing/accessories giveaway on my blog www.missmollyfashions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE caramel corn! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe! I will most definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, oh my goodness, this looks amazing.

    maybe trying it this weekend!
    thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohhhh looks so yummy!!! :D yay for sweets!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks great! Thanks for sharing! I think my kids and I would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, I feel part of this experience with such beautiful photos to capture the event. Thanks for sharing with us, Rebecca!!! have a wonderful weekend also! xx Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks DELICIOUS! I absolutely, positively love caramel corn. I will most definitely try this. Thanks for sharing your recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious and your amazing photography makes it even more so!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my personal favourites! Not sure if I really wanted you to share it with everyone though : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm... I'll need to try this! Your blogs and photos are so beautiful! Not to mention your own little creations too! How dainty and pretty!

    I would love for you to post some of them on my new site http://efreeme.com. There are no listing fees or commission taken on sales, and right now we're also doing a $5 giveaway when you open a store and list 20 items or more! Hope you can take a peek!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails