We were supposed to be away this week... But due to some antibiotic-requiring illness in the family, we are staying put... I wasn't planning on a giveaway for today as I like to be around to promote them (Would love it if you could all help me spread the word so I can keep the giveaways comin')... When our plans fell through on Saturday night, I sent a quick message to one of my newest favourite shops, 'Leah Duncan' asking her, on very short notice, if she'd like to participate in a giveaway this week... Lovely Leah (isn't that a great name!) graciously stepped in! She is offering the winner's choice of one tea towel AND one print from her stunning shop + shipping... All of Leah's designs are original pen and ink drawings that she then scans and colours digitally! My favourite: The Rooster Tea Towel (hands down... I love it!) Enjoy friends!
What does a perfectly ordinary day in your life look like?
"On a perfectly ordinary day, I wake up and head downstairs to my studio where I answer emails and wrap my head around my schedule for the day. Then it's off to walk my pit mix Oslo down at the lake, through the park, or around my neighborhood. When we get back, I make a fresh cup of coffee, and get to work on whatever task may be on schedule first. Sometimes it's packaging etsy and wholesale orders, sometimes it's working on a commission, other times and more rarely than I hope for, it's working on something completely new for myself! I've found working for myself often makes my days much less routine. Sometimes I fit in a run or a trip to yoga class, other times I barely have time to shower and eat lunch. I stop working around 6 on quiet days and my husband generally makes dinner (I'm quite spoiled - he just started culinary school). After dinner we talk Oslo for his second walk for the day and then settle onto our sofa in the living room. Most nights including a Daily Show + Colbert Report duo."
What time of year most inspires you?
"Spring! I'm a southern girl and cold weather does not sit well with me. Spring is when everything starts to come alive, the world becomes more colorful, and most importantly I can change back into my cut off shorts and tank tops and start to prepare for the long hot summers we get here in Texas. I'm much more comfortable staving off sweat than shivering. Plus I really enjoy drawing flowers. : )"
What do you think of as comfort food?
"Shrimp and grits, although my favorite is to substitute the shrimp with scallops. Both of which can only trumped by my grandmother's southern cooking."
If you could hop on a plane, without giving one thought to your budget, where would you go? "Around the world! Although lately I've been longing for Chile or Spain - something quaint."
What are five things you would like to do in the next five years?
"Expand my wholesale line, license my surface patterns, hire my first employee, start a family, and eat lots of guacamole, because guacamole make me happy. : )"
This giveaway runs from August 2nd - 7nd at Noon (EST)
1. Visit 'Leah Duncan' and choose your favourite item(s) from the shop... Come back here and leave a comment along with your email address, mentioning your favourite item...
2. For an additional entry, link to this giveaway on your blog, come back here and post an additional comment with the link and your email address...
3. For an additional entry, tweet about this giveaway on Twitter, come back here and post an additional comment with the link and your email address...
4. For an additional entry, link to this giveaway on Facebook, come back here and post an additional comment with the link and your email address...
5. For even more entries, POST again (Blog, Twitter, Facebook) at any time later in the week, come back here and post an additional comment with the link and your email address...
* YOU MAY ENTER UP TO FIVE TIMES FOR FIVE CHANCES TO WIN (Entries beyond the fifth comment will not be published)!
The winner will be randomly chosen and posted HERE on the blog on Saturday... Please check the blog on Saturday to see if YOU are the winner! Enjoy... Please help spread the word and a dear thank you again to Leah of 'Leah Duncan'!