Dying Roses...

7.07.2010

There is something stunning about a dying rose... The way the edges wilt inspires me... I guess I've been feeling a bit sentimental lately... Losing someone you love can do that to you... Make you appreciate everything just a bit more... And then I saw this video, by a favourite, Andrew Peterson... "It is harder than we dreamed but I believe that's what the promise is for..." I hope you enjoy your day... Smell the roses and kiss the ones you love...
All images are my own... Taken in my own backyard... Please do not use without my permission!

Please take the time to enter this week's giveaway!

8 comments:

  1. They are lovely. I love the crumpled edges, those little tucks and folds give it such elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about the wilting edges being so pretty. I have a gorgeous cream rose in full bloom at the moment but I still love it when it begins to fade.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~I love the middle vintage one especially! calm, serene, nourishing even in its vulnerabilities ;) sending hugs and cushion for you during this time of grief and lonely thoughts. May you experience so much comfort in the presence of Love itself. xx Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was a touching post. thanks for sharing about the beauty of wilting roses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the soft and romantic look of your blog.

    Please stop by and enter my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are so incredibly amazing! It makes me want my own garden! First I'll need a back yard...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am falling more in love with these types of flowers. Big and plush!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are beautiful! i wish flowers like that grew here in south florida - but all our flowers are kind of yucky and everything is at risk for dun dun dun....*nematodes* (whatever those are!)

    <3 <a href="www.ohsolovelie.blogspot.com>Ellie</a>

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails